The Mission of Clara Bolen Elementary is to create a nurturing environment which maximizes each child's full potential while empowering each child to become an independent, responsible citizen.
Class begins at 7:54 a.m.
(this is the time students should be seated in class and ready to begin.)
School ends at 2:48 p.m.
Students will be expected to attend classes regularly and be on time and stay until the end of the school day in order to benefit completely from the instructional program. From this they will have the opportunity to develop the habit of punctuality, self-discipline, and responsibility. All attendance policies will be applied with equity and consistency, keeping in mind that students are individuals, with individual needs.
Mark your calendar:
- December 18 –Second Grade Christmas Party
- December 19 at 9:30 a.m.– Fourth Grade Christmas Play (check your child's planner)
- December 19 - First Grade Pajama Party
- December 19 - Kindergarten Christmas Party
- December 19 – 3rd Grade Christmas Party
- December 22-January 2
No school, Christmas break
Winter is here! Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately with warm coat, snow pants, boots, gloves, and hat.
Also, please make sure your child has an extra set of clothing in his/her locker just in case of ...
Other Important Information
- If your child is unable to tie their shoes for gym, please consider Velcro shoes. This will help the teacher devote the full class time on physical education activities. Thank you for your cooperation.
Just a reminder:
If there will be a change to your child's regular after school plan, bussing or parent pickup, please write a note BEFORE he/she leaves for school in the morning to give to your child's teacher. This helps prevent transportation issues and children's anxiety. Your child's teacher provides time in the morning to accommodate transportation changes.
To better assure your child arrives safely at the correct place, bus pass requests must be in writing unless there is an emergency that develops during the school day. Emergency changes in your child's after school arrangement MUST be made prior to 1:30 p.m.