The Mission of Clara Bolen Elementary is to create a nurturing environment which maximizes each child's full potential while empowering each child to become an independent, responsible citizen.
I would like to welcome you to an amazing new school year. I am Mrs. LaJoice, the new Principal of Clara Bolen Elementary. I am here to provide your children with a safe, healthy, well-educated, fun-filled year. Please feel free to stop by the office and introduce yourself. I look forward to meeting you all!
School begins at 7:54 a.m. (this is the time students should be seated in class and ready to begin.)
School ends at 2:48 p.m.
Mark your calendar:
- September 10 from 4:00-7:00, PTO will host Pancakes with the Principal and McDonalds. Tickets are available at the door.
- Picture day is September 16.
- October 3 is ½ day for students. Students are dismissed at 11:04 am. In-service in the afternoon for teachers
Other Important Information
- If your child is unable to tie their shoes for gym, please consider Velcro shoes. This will help the teacher devote the full class time on physical education activities. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please make sure your child returns the student information form and handbook signature sheet which was sent home the first week of school.
Just a reminder:
If there will be a change to your child's regular after school plan, bussing or parent pickup, please write a note BEFORE he/she leaves for school in the morning to give to your child's teacher. This helps prevent transportation issues and children's anxiety. Your child's teacher provides time in the morning to accommodate transportation changes.
To better assure your child arrives safely at the correct place, bus pass requests must be in writing unless there is an emergency that develops during the school day. Emergency changes in your child's after school arrangement MUST be made prior to 1:30 p.m.