The Mission of Clara Bolen Elementary is to create a nurturing environment which maximizes each child's full potential while empowering each child to become an independent, responsible citizen.
Important Meeting on October 28
On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. there will be an informational meeting at the high school regarding the upcoming bond issue that will be on the November 4 ballot. The meeting will also include a tour of the high school facility. All members of the community are welcome to attend.
Class begins at 7:54 a.m.
(this is the time students should be seated in class and ready to begin.)
School ends at 2:48 p.m.
Students will be expected to attend classes regularly and be on time and stay until the end of the school day in order to benefit completely from the instructional program. From this they will have the opportunity to develop the habit of punctuality, self-discipline, and responsibility. All attendance policies will be applied with equity and consistency, keeping in mind that students are individuals, with individual needs.
Autumn is here!
Mark your calendar:
• Zombie 5k is on Saturday, October 18 at Tawas Point State Park. A one mile fun run begins at 9:45 a.m. and the 5k run, creep, walk or crawl begins at 10:00. Dress up to add to the fun. There are racing prizes and costume prizes.
Click here for a flyer ZOMBIE RUN FLYER
• October 31 is the Halloween parade. (More information to follow)
• November 4 is picture retake day. (Proofs from the September 16 picture day must be returned that day for retakes)
Other Important Information
- If your child is unable to tie their shoes for gym, please consider Velcro shoes. This will help the teacher devote the full class time on physical education activities. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please make sure your child returns the student information form and handbook signature sheet which was sent home the first week of school.
Just a reminder:
If there will be a change to your child's regular after school plan, bussing or parent pickup, please write a note BEFORE he/she leaves for school in the morning to give to your child's teacher. This helps prevent transportation issues and children's anxiety. Your child's teacher provides time in the morning to accommodate transportation changes.
To better assure your child arrives safely at the correct place, bus pass requests must be in writing unless there is an emergency that develops during the school day. Emergency changes in your child's after school arrangement MUST be made prior to 1:30 p.m.