Tawas Area High School
The Mission of Tawas Area Schools is to provide an effective learning environment in our rapidly changing society.
Points of Pride
- Mackinac Center's CAP report 2018 ranked Tawas Area High School at the 90th percentile and awarded an overall letter grade on an "A".
- U.S. News and World Report Silver Medal Recipients 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- 92.7 Graduation Rate
- 15 of the 96 graduates from the class of 2018 were accepted to either Michigan State University or the University of Michigan.
- A rigorous curriculum, featuring a variety of Dual Enrollment, Advanced Placement, and vocational classes available.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Cutting edge technology including 1:1 student take home Chromebooks, Computer Aided Drafting.
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety.
- Award Winning Band and Choir
- Varsity Athletics Opportunities include: Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Competitive Cheer, Sideline Cheer, Golf, Bowling, Softball, Baseball, and Boys and Girls Track.
- Extra Curricular Activities include: Robotics, Knowledge Bowl, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Youth Advisory Committee, Spanish Club, and Earth Crew.
High School News
With the 2019-2020 school year calendar adjusting, Tawas Area Schools would like to share other important dates. Families will receive beginning of the year letter in August, as well as communication throughout the year with more details, but to help families better prepare, below is an outline of important dates:
August 13-14: High School Orientations
August 15: Middle School Orientations
August 21: Open Houses
August 26: 1st day of school
August 30-Sept. 2: Labor Day break
Sept. 28: Homecoming
Oct. 4 : Half Day
Oct. 9-10: HS and MS Parent/Teacher Conferences
Nov. 1: No School for Students
Nov. 15: No School for Safety Day
Nov. 27-Nov. 31: Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 23-Jan 5; Holiday Break
March 6: Half Day for Students
March 23-29: Spring Break
April 10: No School
May 2: Prom
May 25: No School for Memorial Day
May 29-30: Project Graduation for Seniors
May 31: Graduation
June 5: Last day of school
Tawas Area High School
Tawas City, MI 48763