Tawas Area High School
Tawas Area High School will provide a safe, supportive, and rigorous learning environment that affords all students educational opportunities that help to produce functioning members of society.
Points of Pride
- Mackinac Center's CAP report 2018 ranked Tawas Area High School at the 90th percentile and awarded an overall letter grade on an "A".
- U.S. News and World Report Silver Medal Recipients 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- 92.7 Graduation Rate
- 15 of the 96 graduates from the class of 2018 were accepted to either Michigan State University or the University of Michigan.
- A rigorous curriculum, featuring a variety of Dual Enrollment, Advanced Placement, and vocational classes available.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Cutting edge technology including 1:1 student take home Chromebooks, Computer Aided Drafting.
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety.
- Award Winning Band and Choir
- Varsity Athletics Opportunities include: Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Competitive Cheer, Sideline Cheer, Golf, Bowling, Softball, Baseball, and Boys and Girls Track.
- Extra Curricular Activities include: Robotics, Knowledge Bowl, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Youth Advisory Committee, Spanish Club, and Earth Crew.
High School News
Good Afternoon Tawas Families! While we are still conducting interviews for our new Athletic Director, we would like to put out the reminder that you WILL need a physical for sports this year. Last year we did accept waivers with all the restrictions but with everything being lifted that is not the case this year. Please be sure have those physicals completed before the sport of your choice begins!! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Go Braves!