Tawas Area Middle School
The Mission of Tawas Area Schools is to provide an effective learning environment in our rapidly changing society.
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
2018-2019 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:50am
School dismisses: 2:49pm