Tawas Area Middle School
The Mission of Tawas Area Schools is to provide an effective learning environment in our rapidly changing society.
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
Middle School Calendar
|‹ March 2019 ›|
Middle School Science Olympics Team
Middle School News
The Tawas Bands had some wonderful performances at District Festival this weekend in Oscoda! The 7th/8th Junior Band performed Friday afternoon and received an overall 1st Division Rating (I-I-I in concert and a II in sight reading). The High School Concert Band performed Saturday afternoon and also received an overall 1st Division Rating (I-I-II in concert and a I in sight reading). This qualifies both groups for State Festival!
If you see a band student, please congratulate them on a job well done!
The 8th graders competed in the America & Me Writing competition this year and the results are in! The following students’ essays were selected for this competition: Miranda Nickell, Bethany Sides, Kori Schaaf, Christine Qiu, Stephan Neiser(not pictured),Camille Mellen, Aaliya Cota, Madison Burgess, Kylie Sizemore, Elise Klinger.
Three out of the ten essays were selected by the contest judges for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The 1st place essay is moving on to the state competition!
3rd Place: Stephan Neiser, “Mr. Suttle: My Michigan Hero”
2nd Place: Miranda Nickell, “Teacher, Band Director, Hero”
1st Place: Madison Burgess, “Thanking You Isn’t Enough”
2018-2019 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:50am
School dismisses: 2:49pm