Tawas Area Middle School
The Mission of Tawas Area Schools is to provide an effective learning environment in our rapidly changing society.
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
Middle School News
On May 29th, my fellow 8th grade classmates and I were privileged in getting to go see our wondorous capital: Washington DC! The trip was filled with adventure, historical monuments and memorials. Getting to see the memorials and monuments in real life had a whole new effect on me versus seeing them in a book or a movie. The memorials were filled with names of people that served our country and died in doing so. This made me think of how so many people take our freedom for granted.
The monuments were dedicated to people who played an important part in the history of the United States. My personal favorite was probably the Abraham Lincoln monument because I had always seen it in historical movies and books, and it was on my top ten places to travel to one day. When we arrived at Abe’s monument I was blown away by how big the building in which it sat in was. I had to climb some stairs to finally see him but it was definitely worth it. The monument was breathtaking, and was about twice the size that I pictured it to be. A lot of my classmates looked very excited by the looks on their faces, and couldn’t wait to see more.
Overall, this was definitely my favorite field trip I’ve been on, and I’d like to thank all the people that made this possible for our grade. The memories will stay with me for the rest of my life.
LANDON SELMAN Please click here to view photos on our Facebook Page
2018-2019 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:50am
School dismisses: 2:49pm