Tawas Area Middle School
The Mission of Tawas Area Schools is to provide an effective learning environment in our rapidly changing society.
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
Middle School Calendar
|‹ May 2019 ›|
Middle School News
Congratulations to the High School Concert Band and Middle School Junior Band on their excellent performances at State Band Festival on May 2nd! Both groups received a Division 1 Rating. High School received straight 1's (I-I-I), with an overall Division I Rating. Middle school received a I-II-I, with an overall Division I Rating. Each band also received a clinic with Associate Director David Thornton of MSU. Wonderful job, everyone!
The Tawas Area Middle School Science Olympics Team took 4th place overall at this year's competition at Alpena Community College, medaling in 17 out of the 23 events. We had our largest number of participants of all time, moving from former numbers of about 12 to this year's total of 39. Your coaches, parents, and community are so proud of you all! What a great season!
2018-2019 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:50am
School dismisses: 2:49pm