Tawas Area Middle School
Tawas Area Middle School will provide a safe, inspiring, and rigorous learning environment by creating positive relationships and encouraging respectful and responsible behaviors for each student.
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
Middle School News
Good Afternoon Tawas Families! While we are still conducting interviews for our new Athletic Director, we would like to put out the reminder that you WILL need a physical for sports this year. Last year we did accept waivers with all the restrictions but with everything being lifted that is not the case this year. Please be sure have those physicals completed before the sport of your choice begins!! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Go Braves!
Student Exception Announcement
Special Education Director
Special Education Secretary
School Social Worker
2020-2021 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:45am
School dismisses: 2:07pm