8th Grade Washington DC Trip
Burger Night at the Elks on Tuesday, 12/17/19 4-8 PM. Hosted by the Tawas Elks & Meat donated by Klenow's Market.
We are calling it Burgers with Santa:
- Visit and take pictures with Santa!
- Christmas Cookie Bake Sale!
- Have the 8th Grade Students serve you dinner!
Forms & Files
- PowerPoint Presentation from 2019 Trip
- Mrs. Lentz's PowerPoint Presentation from 9/11 Parent Meeting: All about the Trip
- Bennett Travel
- Recommended Travel Insurance: Travel Insured International
- DC Handbook: (coming soon)
- Student Permission Slip / Contract: Deadline 9/27
- Chaperone Contact / Background Check: Deadline 9/27
- Scholarship Application: Deadline 9/27
- Latest Itinerary from 9/11 Meeting:
- Remind Instructions: rmd.at/tadcparent
- Payment Schedule & Cost Breakdown
- Angel Donation Form
- Monthly News Parent News Letters:
Payment Schedule: The final payment may be adjusted due to enrollment numbers and room configurations.
Student cost: $645 (if we fill the bus) $705 (if we only take 90 people) Chaperone cost: $810 (110 people): 5 payments of $150 & 1 payment between $60-$120
(Each payment will be non-refundable as we make our payments to Bennett Travel. Trip insurance is possible for an additional fee)
- Friday, September 27, $150 (down payment)
- Friday, October 25, $110
- Friday, November 29, $110
- Friday, January 31, $110
- Friday, February 28, $110
- Friday, March 13 between $55- $110 or Any Remaining Balance
UPCOMING EVENTS / ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Down Payments are Due Next Friday, 10/25/19: If possible, please make payments online with skyward or if need be check,cash, or money order can be brought to the school.
$110 for students (goes down to $110 for rest of payments)
$65 for scholarship applicants (if you applied for a scholarship, we ask you still make a $75/month payments)
$150 for Chaperones (if you turned in a chaperone form we need you to start making payments. If for some reason you will not be able to attend the trip, we can apply your payment to your child’s account)
Next DC Parent Meeting will be Thursday, 11/6 starting at 6:30 PM in Mr. Livingston’s Room:
We will have latest announcements, begin planning the Halloween Dance, and outline our fundraising schedule.
Kids keep working to serve our community & raise that money! Collect pop cans, babysit, rake leaves and shovel snow etc:
Our hope is that kids will appreciate the trip even more by earning it for themselves. You’ll be surprised how much you can earn each month to set aside for payments so that less comes out of household incomes! Students who collect pop cans, just return them to stores and put it towards your monthly payments or save for spending money on the trip (no need to bring us the slips).
Clarification on the Trip Refund Policy:
After we collect individual payments, we make larger payments to Bennett Travel. Bennett Travel then uses these funds to make reservations with the hotel, the bus company, and so forth. When someone can no longer go on the trip, we no longer have access to these funds as Bennett Travel has already paid various vendors. Therefore, each payment will be non-refundable.
There is Trip Insurance available through Travel Insured International (parents will have to contact and set this up themselves). It is an unfortunate situation, but some behaviors in school will eliminate a student’s opportunity to attend this trip in order to maintain the integrity of the school/community and safety of all the participants. If possible, we will try to find someone else to attend this trip in place of someone who is removed which COULD result in a refund - but we remain under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to refund money for someone who does not purchase insurance and suddenly cannot attend the trip for any reason.
Monthly DC Booster Meetings:
- We plan on normally meeting with parents the 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 6:30 pm
- *Thurs 10/3 * changed day* (b/c of football game wed & meeting a week early to prepare for Halloween Dance)
- Wed 11/6 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
- Wed 12/11 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
- Wed 1/8 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
- Wed 2/5 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
- Wed 3/11 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
- Wed 4/8 @ 6:30 pm, Mr. Livingston's Room
DC Remind for parents:
To Join, TEXT the following message:
@tadcparent to the number: 81010
Or Click this link: REMIND
|‹ January 2020 ›|