Tawas Area Middle School
Points of Pride
- Rigorous core curriculum with a tiered support system.
- Highly Qualified and dedicated staff
- Our building features secure entrances, security cameras, and consults with local law enforcement to implement best practices in regards to safety
- Positive Behavior Supports, Peer Mediation groups
- Extended-Day learning opportunities
- Summer School
- Spanish 5-8, Choir 8th grade, Band 6-8 grade, PE 5-8 grade, Art 8th grade, Computer Science 5-8 grade.
- 1:1 Classroom Chromebooks 5-6 grades
- 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks 7-8 grades
- Promethean Boards, Projectors, and document cameras in the classrooms
- Extra Curricular Activities Include: Robotics, Science Olympics, Student Senate, Kindness Club
Middle School Calendar
|‹ February 2019 ›|
Middle School Science Olympics Team
Middle School News - Archives
Sarah Russo Gorman poses with a group of seventh graders at Tawas Area Middle School. Sarah travels the country to speak to children of all ages. Her positive message is entitled “Be Kind”. Gorman inspires students with her moving story, endless positivity, and lessons of acceptance and kindness. Tawas loves Sarah and Sarah loves Tawas!
Ava Busch, Maximus Buyssens, Emmy Buchanan, Bethany Sides
Tawas Middle School students help to manage invasive Phragmites in their community – learning and having some fun along the way.
2018-2019 Bell Schedule
School begins: 7:50am
School dismisses: 2:49pm