HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING
Summer School Details:
Summer School All Call Announcement:
This summer, Tawas Area High School will be continuing a summer school credit recovery program for eligible students who failed core academic subjects during their high school career. In lieu of a in person parent meeting, attached below, is the Parent/Guardian informational letter as well as the Summer School Commitment Contract. Students can also pick up a copy in the counseling office. In order to officially register for 2023-2024 High School Summer school, the Summer School Commitment contract will need to be completed and returned to the high school office by the close of the day on June 16th.
All details on dates, times and location are located inside of the letter. Please contact Mrs. Warner with any additional questions via email at email@example.com.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR COLLEGE COURSES?
If your Dual Enrollment/Early Middle College Student is struggling and enrolled at Alpena Community College. Please see below potential interventions to consider:
- Open lines of communication with instructor(s) and ask them for help/advice
- Set up free tutoring sessions with our Student Success Center…application request is available HERE...can be offered on site at Tawas High School
- Weekly grade checks with Instructor/ACC Advisor (via Blackboard or student email to instructor)
- Find a study partner to prepare for exams
- Set aside more time or better utilize existing time for homework/studying
- Utilize Free Proofreading Services for papers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Blackboard?
|Blackboard Technical Support,|
Online Courses Support
Director of Learning Technology/Blackboard Support
Van Lare Hall 115E
|ACC Computer Labs/Help Desk|
OIT Assistant Operator/HELP Desk Coordinator
Center Building 108
|MCCVLC, Transfer Issues, Financial Aid|
Van Lare Hall 108
NCAA Getting Started:
If you are thinking of participating in College Athletics - please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/VLZ6yk1yQvkNC4GQA
Visit ncaa.org/playcollegesports to learn more about the opportunities
- Research the Division I and Division II academic standards (Attached flyer)
- Find your high school's list of NCAA approved core courses (click on words)
- Please note I will audit this for you and call you down to review any concerns or inform you, that you are on track.
- Register with the Eligibility Center at eligibilitycenter.org (normally your freshmen year) – either with Profile and/or Certification
- After 6 semester of high school, ask your counselor to upload your official transcript (after registration occurs).
Parent/Student Resource Guide: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Student_Resources/CBSA.pdf
If you are planning on playing in Division III – you only need a profile. If you are planning on Division I or II – you will need to register for a Certified Account – you can do both just in case.
NCAA Launching Page: https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2014/10/24/how-to-register.aspx
Who to contact with questions on College Athletics:
- High School Counselor (Mrs. Warner) -
- Verify high school class elections/schedule are NCAA Division I or II approved
- Upload/Audit Transcripts for NCAA
- Athletic Director (Mr. Mejeur) -
- Registration details
- Parent/Athletic NCAA Guide questions
- Division I, II, II questions
- College Athletic Support/Assistance
- Coordinating Coach support for Promotion
- All other college athletics questions